[Humanist] 25.498 where the thrill is (or isn't)

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Nov 21 07:46:01 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 12:13:30 -0800
        From: Jascha Kessler <urim1 at verizon.net>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 25.496 where is the thrill?

Well, Willard McC.,

I had a pacemaker [the Zephyr, Chaucer's spring breeze?] installed three
months ago, not the size of the old cigarette packet,  but a thicker silver
dollar...also gone the way of specie in our epoch of the printing presses.

 Wheeled in at 10 am, awakened at 3 pm, taken home on my own legs at 4pm.
 Only caveat after a month: do NOT ever stand before your microwave oven.

 Recalibrated for a good normal pulse after 1 month, by some electronic
gadget hung on my shoulder, read on a screen, and now scarcely visible in
its location and certainly ticking electronically away with no symptoms of
anything since I fell asleep on the gurney.

Jascha K

So, nothing ought to interfere with one's screen, eyes, fingers, or
thinking brain.

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Humanist Discussion Group <

--
Jascha Kessler
Telephone/Facsimile: 310.393.4648