[Humanist] 25.52 events: DH2011; NZ e-research

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat May 28 03:22:42 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (42)
        Subject: NZ eResearch

  [2]   From:    Glen Worthey <gworthey at stanford.edu>                      (26)
        Subject: DH2011: Early Registration Closing Soon!

        Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 22:07:27 +1000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>

NZ eResearch Symposium 2011
Thursday 30 June – Friday 1 July
University of Otago, Dunedin
www.eresearch.org.nz/nzers2011

NZ eResearch Symposium 2011 will be held at The University of Otago,
Dunedin on Thursday 30 June  – Friday 1 July 2011.   Please mark these
dates in your calendar and start making arrangements.

eResearch encompasses all of the  research computing that supports a
research community. It crosses research  disciplines,  from the
humanities and social sciences, physical and biological sciences, to
math and engineering. It includes the computing and software platforms
that connect equipment, data, and other computing resources with people,
along with collections management,
platforms to run experiments, and advanced collaboration tools.
eResearch communities thrive on deep engagement with researchers,  and
aim to support the formation and operation of effective
digitally-supported research communities.

Our NZ eResearch Symposium is a  broad  forum for NZ's research sector
and nascent eResearch community. This is an opportunity to meet leaders
of eResearch initiatives within NZ and internationally, and to hear
about emerging practice, and to share experiences.

Further details including a call for contributors will be available shortly.

Forward to a Friend

If you know of anyone that may be interested in the NZ eResearch
Symposium, please feel free to forward this information.

Organisers

General Chair: Nick Jones, University of Auckland
Programme Chair: Mik Black, University of Otago
Host: Russell Butson, University of Otago
If you would like more information on any aspect of this conference,
please contact  the  Conference Organiser:

Conference organisers of NZ eResearch Symposium:
Paardekooper and Associates
phone: +64 4 562 8259
fax: +64 4 562 8269
email: eresearch at paardekooper.co.nz
www:  www.eresearch.org.nz/nzers2011

College London; Centre for Cultural Research, University of Western
Sydney; Editor, Interdisciplinary Science Reviews (www.isr-journal.org);
Editor, Humanist (www.digitalhumanities.org/humanist/); www.mccarty.org.uk/