[Humanist] 25.13 cfp: Digital Medievalist

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu May 12 07:50:29 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 11:42:25 +0200
        From: Malte Rehbein <malte.rehbein at uni-wuerzburg.de>
        Subject: CfP: Volume 7 of the Digital Medievalist Journal

Call for Papers: Volume 7 of the Digital Medievalist Journal

With the publication of volume 6 and a forthcoming special issue on the
2010 MARGOT conference, Digital Medievalist is now accepting papers for
volume 7 of its on-line, refereed journal.

We are asking for contributions of original research and scholarship
that meet the mission statement of Digital Medievalist. Contributions
should concern topics likely to be of interest to medievalists working
with digital media, though they need not be exclusively medieval in
focus. This includes notes on technological topics (markup and
stylesheets, algorithms, tools and software, etc.), commentary pieces
discussing developments in the field, bibliographic and review articles,
and project reports. All contributions will be reviewed by authorities
in humanities computing prior to publication.

Journal submissions or enquiries should be emailed to:
editors at digitalmedievalist.org

Submissions guidelines are available at
http://www.digitalmedievalist.org/journal/1.1/submission/

With this forthcoming volume, we are re-establishing our "rolling issue"
policy which means that contributions will be published as soon as they
are ready for publication without firm deadlines. To allow inclusion in
volume 7, however, submission before end of August 2011 is recommended.

Digital Medievalist is an international web-based Community of Practice
for medievalists working with digital media. Established in 2003, the
project helps medievalists by providing a network for technical
collaboration and instruction, exchange of expertise, and the
development of best practice. The project operates an electronic mailing
list and discussion forum, on-line refereed journal, news server for
announcements and calls for papers, a wiki and FAQ. It also organises
conference sessions at international medieval and humanities computing
congresses. It is an elected organization and has developed some
governing bylaws. The Digital Medievalist Project is overseen by an
eight-member executive of medievalists with considerable experience in
the use of digital media in the study of medieval topics. See our
website at http://www.digitalmedievalist.org for more information.

Malte Rehbein (Editor-In-Chief), Peter A. Stokes and Dan O'Donnell
(Associate Editors), Rebecca Welzenbach (Reviews Editor)

--
Dr. Malte Rehbein

Universität Würzburg
Zentrum für digitale Edition /
Lehrstuhl für Computerphilologie und Neuere Deutsche Literaturgeschichte
Philosophiegebäude 8/E/14
Am Hubland
97074 Würzburg

fon	+49.(0)931.31.88773