[Humanist] 24.830 events: DHSI 2011

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 30 07:24:16 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:45:11 +0100
        From: "institut at uvic.ca" <institut at uvic.ca>
        Subject: DHSI 2011 Courses and Registration

Digital Humanities Summer Institute 2011
University of Victoria, Canada

Hello,

It is grey and damp in Victoria but the cherry blossoms are in full bloom,
a sure sign that Spring is here. Another sure sign of Spring is that
registration for DHSI is winding down with almost all of our courses
completely full. It looks like we will be welcoming a record number of
people to DHSI this year.

That said, due to movement between courses there are a few spots still
available:

Digitisation Fundamentals -- 1 spot
Issues in Large Project Planning and Management -- 1 spot
SEASR in Action -- 2 spots

The early registration period ends soon, and these spots won't last, so if
you would like your summer plans to include a trip to "summer camp for
humanists," please go to  http://www.dhsi.org/courses  to register as soon
as possible.

We have now distributed all of our scholarships for 2011. I am thrilled to
say that thanks to the generosity of our sponsors, over half of our
participants received a scholarship!

Registered participants -- I will be sending you information about housing
and events in the next week or so.

Best wishes,
Cara