[Humanist] 24.756 events: digital libraries; social media, museums

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 2 08:56:05 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    "Secretariat at isast.org" <secretariat at isast.org>           (48)
        Subject: 3rd-round submissions DLMC2011 Digital Library Conference
                and QQML2011 International Conference

  [2]   From:    jeremy hunsinger <jhuns at vt.edu>                           (86)
        Subject: Information Science and Social Media conference

  [3]   From:    "J. Trant" <jtrant at archimuse.com>                         (57)
        Subject: MW2011 Plenary Speaker from Pew Internet & American Life
                Project

        Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 09:23:53 +0200
        From: "Secretariat at isast.org" <secretariat at isast.org>
        Subject: 3rd-round submissions DLMC2011 Digital Library Conference and QQML2011 International Conference

Dear Colleagues,

Don't miss the 3rd-round submissions to the 3rd QQML2011 International
Conference and the DLMC2011 Digital Library Conference that starts now until
15 March 2011.

Please think of abstract or paper submission and disseminate this Call for
Papers to your colleagues.

[Those of you who have already email your abstract(s) or paper(s) during the
last call, please ignore this announcement]

The Qualitative and Quantitative Methods in Libraries International
Conference (QQML2011, http://www.isast.org/qqml2011.html ) and the Digital
Library International Conference (DLMC2011,
http://www.isast.org/dlmcconference.html ) aim to bring together researchers
and scientists from academia, libraries, archives, museums, from
governmental and non government organizations to present new results and
identify future research interests.

All papers will be published in the QQML2011 and the DLMC2011 proceedings
and/or in scientific journals. The proceedings of the 2009 QQML
International conference are published by World Scientific and the 2010 QQML
proceedings will be published soon by the same publisher.
To fulfill QQML and DLMC goals and success we are inviting proposals for:

*	Conference Presentations: 20- 25 minute presentations.
*	Conference Workshops: 4 - 5 hour workshops.
*	New researchers' research results.

We would like to remind you the sub-themes that are listed at: www.isast.org
 http://www.isast.org/  .

Perhaps you have another topic relevant to the library theory and practice.
We would like to tell us about!

The deadline for proposals is 15th March 2011.

If you have any questions concerning the Call for Proposals, please contact:

Anthi Katsirikou, anthi at asmda.com and secretariat at isast.org

Looking forward to meeting you in Athens,
Kind regards,

Dr. Anthi Katsirikou
Conference co-chair
Deputy Director,
University of Piraeus Library
European Documentation Center
Adjunct Lecturer at TEI of Athens
Member of the Board of the Association of Greek Librarians and Information
Professionals