[Humanist] 24.755 MA in Humanities Computing, Alberta

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 2 08:50:34 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 07:13:48 -0700
        From: Geoffrey Rockwell <grockwel at ualberta.ca>
        Subject: University of Alberta

The MA in Humanities Computing Programme at the University of Alberta in
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada is currently accepting applications from
qualified applicants for the Fall 2011 cohort. We are looking for
students from any academic background with a good grade point average
and an interest in undertaking graduate-level training in the digital
humanities.

Most of our students receive funding either through entrance
scholarships or graduate research assistantships. Current graduate
students are working on research projects such as:

Implementing New Knowledge Environments (INKE)
Mapping Information Science 1994-present
Viral Analytics
Speculative Timelines
Text Mining and Visualization for Literary Historical Analysis
Just What Do They Do? - Studying how people use text analysis tools
GRAND - Augmented Reality Games