[Humanist] 24.665 "The Literary" (DHQ): deadline extended

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Jan 22 10:30:51 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 14:08:01 -0500
        From: Jessica Pressman <jessica.pressman at yale.edu>
        Subject: Deadline extended for DHQ Special Issue, "The Literary"

* please distribute*

*/Digital Humanities Quarterly /Special Issue: The Literary *

This special issue of /DHQ/ invites essays that consider the study of
literature and the category of the literary to be an essential part of
the digital humanities. We welcome essays that consider how digital
technologies affect our understanding of the literary--- its aesthetics,
its history, its production and dissemination processes, and also the
traditional practices we use to critically analyze it. We also seek
critical reflections on the relationships between traditional literary
hermeneutics and larger-scale humanities computing projects. What is the
relationship between literary study and the digital humanities, and what
should it be? We welcome essays that approach this topic from a wide
range of critical perspectives and that focus on diverse objects of
study from antiquity to the present as well as born-digital forms.

Please submit an abstract of no more than 1,000 words and a short CV to
Jessica Pressman and Lisa Swanstrom at <DHQliterary at gmail.com
<mailto:DHQliterary at gmail.com>> by *Feb. 15, 2011*.  We will reply by
March 15, 2011 and request that full-length papers of no more than 9,000
words be submitted by *July 15, 2011*.

--

Jessica Pressman
Assistant Professor