[Humanist] 24.634 more than the cuts

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jan 7 07:08:55 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 16:15:43 -0500
        From: "Totosy de Zepetnek, Steven" <clcweb at purdue.edu>
        Subject: totosy Re: [Humanist] 24.632 more than the cuts

well, it depends what/how you mean re "accomplishment"... for example, i founded clcweb: comparative literature and culture at the u of alberta in 1998 and received no support whatsoever there; why, even the SSHRC rejected my application for funding because, at the time, the rule was to have a subscription count without which no funding was even considered (re this, see, "History of CLCWeb: Comparative Literature and Culture." CLCWeb: Comparative Literature and Culture (Library):  http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/clcweblibrary/clcwebhistory ); and as most journals in the humanities -- apart from purdue UP legally publishing the journal since 2000 -- there is no labour or any other type of financial support available: and clcweb remains one of the very few online journals in the field that is in open access and in full text and indexed in thomson reuters' AHCI; see also this recent article: Tötösy de Zepetnek, Steven. "The 'Impact Factor' and Selected Issues of Content and Technology in Humanities Scholarship Published Online." Journal of Scholarly Publishing 42.1 (2010): 70-78.

best and a happy new year, steven

steven totosy de zepetnek ph.d. professor
http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/clcweblibrary/totosycv
editor, clcweb: comparative literature and culture
http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/clcweb/ clcweb at purdue.edu
series editor, purdue books in comparative cultural studies
http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/clcweblibrary/seriespurdueccs &
http://www.thepress.purdue.edu/comparativeculturalstudies.html
8 sunset road, winchester, ma 01890 usa
	think of trees before printing this email