[Humanist] 25.542 raising the alarm

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Dec 9 13:17:52 CET 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 12:16:52 +0000
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: education

Today, it seems, is a good day for raising the alarm. I draw your
attention to two articles in the London Review of Books 33.24, 15
December 2011:

Michael Wood, "Must we pay for Sanskrit?"
Keith Thomas, "Universities under attack"

Both are freely online, at http://www.lrb.co.uk/.

College London; Professor (fractional), University of Western Sydney;
Editor, Interdisciplinary Science Reviews (www.isr-journal.org); Editor,