[Humanist] 24.901 new book on principles of digital and analogue machines

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Apr 21 07:43:10 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 06:41:20 +0100
        From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
        Subject: recommendation

I pass on the following recommendation sent to me by Fr Roberto Busa.
The book is to be found on amazon, ISBN-10: 161668481X; ISBN-13:
978-1616684815.

> Dear Prof. Willard McCarty,
>
> Digital humanists closely scrutinize the impact of digital
> technologies, and the book "Logic of Analog and Digital Machines" by
> Paolo Rocchi, recently published by Nova Science Publisher (NY) can
> offer an aid for reflection and discussion.
> The author presents an intriguing view upon the principles of
> digitalsystem as Prof. Peter Denning says in the preface.
> It is worth of mentioning that Rocchi attempts to bridge computing
> withliterature, technical topics with concepts that are familiar
 > to men of letters.
>
>                                           Best Regards
>
>                                            Prof.Roberto Busa sj

College London; Centre for Cultural Research, University of Western
Sydney; Editor, Interdisciplinary Science Reviews (www.isr-journal.org);
Editor, Humanist (www.digitalhumanities.org/humanist/); www.mccarty.org.uk/