[Humanist] 24.881 cfp: Renaissance Studies & New Technologies

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Apr 14 08:10:13 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 15:57:45 -0400
        From: "William R. Bowen" <william.bowen at utoronto.ca>
        Subject: CFP: Renaissance Studies and New Technologies, RSA 2012

Renaissance Studies and New Technologies (RSA 2012, 22-24 March;
Washington, D.C.)

For the past ten years, the Renaissance Society of America program has
featured a number of sessions that document innovative ways in which
computing technology is being incorporated into the scholarly activity
of our community. At the 2012 RSA meeting (Washington, D.C., 22-24 March
2012), several sessions will continue to follow this interest across
several key projects, through a number of thematic touchstones, and in
several emerging areas.

For these sessions, we seek proposals in the following general areas,
and beyond:

a) new technology and research (individual or group projects)
b) new technology and teaching (individual or group projects)
c) new technology and publication (e.g. from the vantage point of
authors, traditional and non-traditional publishers)

Proposals for papers, panels, demonstrations, and/or workshop
presentations that focus on these issues and others are welcome.

** Through the support of Iter, we are pleased to be able to offer
travel subventions on a competitive basis to graduate students who
present on these panels. Those wishing to be considered for a subvention
should indicate this in their abstract submission. **

For details of the RSA conference see
http://www.rsa.org/?page3DWashington2012

Please send proposals before May 16 to bowen_at_utsc.utoronto.ca.

William R. Bowen
University of Toronto Scarborough

Ray Siemens
University of Victoria