[Humanist] 24.878 Chuck Bush

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Apr 14 08:04:36 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 23:23:17 -0500
        From: John Unsworth <john.m.unsworth at gmail.com>
        Subject: Chuck Bush

Dear colleagues and friends,

My terrible duty this Spring morning is to pass on ACH President Julia Flanders' note of the death of Chuck Bush, whose smiling face (which you may see at http://www.ach.org/ACH_Officers/) greeted me at every one of our conferences from the time when I first attended. Never again.

Remembrances of Chuck, from those who knew him, are welcome. I will gather any that arrive and publish them together here on Humanist's birthday, 7 May.

-----

It is with great sadness that I share the news of Chuck Bush's death this morning, April 13th, from complications following a stroke. Those of us who have worked with him over the years through ACH will remember him as a truly kind and thoughtful man and a pillar of that organization. He served as ACH treasurer for more than twenty years, and always brought calm good sense to our discussions. He did the same in many program committees for the ACH-ALLC conferences: he was a good man.

I would be very glad to receive remembrances of Chuck as a teacher, colleague, and friend, that we could share with the community and with his family, as a way of honoring him for his contributions to digital humanities.

Julia Flanders
ACH