[Humanist] 24.851 intensive users of cultural heritage projects?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Apr 5 09:49:05 CEST 2011

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 14:57:31 +0200
        From: Katharina Mahler <kmahler at uni-koeln.de>
        Subject: Study regarding digitalisation projects

Dear Humanist readers,

my name is Katharina Mahler, and I am a research assistant at the
Institute for Humanities Computer Science at the University at Cologne.
We are performing a study in which we intend to analyse the impact of
digitalised historical and cultural material available online.

We would therefore be very interested in comments from humanities
researchers who consider themselves to be 'intensive users' of
cultural heritage projects. We are trying to collect informal statements
which give examples of which sites or features of sites are particularly
useful for humanities researchers, as well as sites or features of sites
which seem to qualify as 'worst practise'. We are implementing this
study for the German Research Council (Deutsche Forschung Gesellschaft
(DFG)), so comments about Germany-based offerings would be particularly
welcome. Also, to create a sensible international context, comments on
best and / or worst practise in digital activities worldwide would also
be appreciated very much. If you would be willing and interested in
discussing these questions personally, please let us know. E-mail
adress: kmahler(at)uni-koeln.de.

Thank you for your time and interest,

Sincerely,

Katharina Mahler, MA

Historisch-Kulturwissenschaftliche Informationsverarbeitung
UniversitE4t zu KF6ln
50923 KF6ln
0221-470-1751
E-Mail: kmahler(at)uni-koeln.de