[Humanist] 24.369 complexity theory

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Sep 30 23:49:46 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 08:23:56 -0400
        From: Bill Kretzschmar <kretzsch at uga.edu>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.366 Black boxes? Complexity theory?

A very readable introductory book on complexity science that has a strong
computational side is Melanie Mitchell, *Complexity: A Guided Tour* (Oxford
UP, 2009).  It should not leave too many humanists behind, although Mitchell
is a computer scientist. Von Neumann's entry in the index has 10 page
citations.

Bill

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Humanist Discussion Group <

--
Bill Kretzschmar
Harry and Jane Willson Professor in Humanities