[Humanist] 24.349 defining the digital humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Sep 21 22:12:21 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 22:37:24 +0100
        From: "Totosy de Zepetnek, Steven" <clcweb at purdue.edu>
        Subject: totosy Re: [Humanist] 24.345 defining the digital humanities?

dear sharon: re your definition re list of fields: why english only? would "languages and literatures including English" not be more inclusive? here is my take on a possible definition:

Using new media knowledge and technology in the humanities and social sciences in languages and literature including English, communication studies, media studies, history, geography, sociology, anthropology, cultural studies, etc.

with best regards, steven

steven totosy de zepetnek ph.d. professor
http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/clcweblibrary/totosycv
editor, clcweb: comparative literature and culture
http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/clcweb/ clcweb at purdue.edu
series editor, purdue books in comparative cultural studies
http://docs.lib.purdue.edu/clcweblibrary/seriespurdueccs &
http://www.thepress.purdue.edu/comparativeculturalstudies.html
8 sunset road, winchester, ma 01890 usa
	think of trees before printing this email