[Humanist] 24.348 mission-shrink

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Sep 21 22:11:15 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:42:40 -0700 (PDT)
        From: Laval Hunsucker <amoinsde at yahoo.com>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.344 mission-shrink

>> "Mission creep" is the process, much feared by the
>> military and some politicians, . . . [ etc. ]
. . .
> Comments?

Interesting theme.

I don't see here mentioned a (counter)example of academic
"mission creep", for contrast to cultural anthropology's
alleged "mission-shrink". The classic one would have to be
English studies, I suppose, but possibly one could identify
a more appropriate discipline in this context ?  Just musing
before dinner time.

- Laval Hunsucker
  Knokke-Heist, België