[Humanist] 24.317 designing an academic DH department

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Sep 6 22:14:11 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 10:24:46 +0100
        From: James Cronin <jgrcronin at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.315 designing an academic DH department

Dear Willard,

This is just a thought, but fostering a consultancy dimension, in such
a ‘department’, may have the advantage of helping to generate
collaborative synergies between academia and the wider community.
Research could be tailored to bespoke projects, in such a manner as to
promote the dissemination of research applications into the public
sphere. In turn, independent funding streams could be generated by
such synergies.

Regards,

James Cronin,
University College Cork

On 4 September 2010 22:14, Humanist Discussion Group