[Humanist] 24.315 designing an academic DH department

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Sep 4 23:14:10 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 08:23:40 -0700
        From: "liz" <eawalter1 at hotmail.com>
        Subject: RE: [Humanist] 24.310 designing an academic DH department

 One important activity for a department like this would be to reach out
into the local/world community.

Here in Tucson, Arizona there are communities of optical science firms
(imaging) as well as a large medical community (consciousness studies) and
several Native American tribes as well as a strong Arts community.  All are
rich sources to be delved into by a DH department (which we don't have as of
yet at the U/A).

Elizabeth Walter
liz at kutsi.com
“The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet.”