[Humanist] 24.314 about photography

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Sep 4 23:12:54 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 4 Sep 2010 14:46:08 -0300
        From: "dennis c.l." <cyberdennis at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.309 new publications,and a question about photography

Dear Willard
Actually there are recent developments in sensor technology that puts
chemical photography in the also ran category. I quote Slashdot
(http://slashdot.org/):

Canon develops world's largest CMOS sensor

Canon has announced it has developed the world's largest CMOS sensor
measuring 202 x 205mm. Approximately 40 times the size of Canon's largest
commercial CMOS sensor, it captures images with 1/100th the amount of light
required by an SLR camera. Its advanced circuitry allows video recording at
60 frames per second with 0.3 lux illumination that according to the company
is roughly one-half the brightness of a moonlit night. There is currently no
information about the sensor's resolution. This follows last week's
development announcement of Canon's 120 megapixel 29.2 x 20.2mm APS-H CMOS
sensor.
further details in:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/1008/10083101canonlargestsensor.asp
yours
prof.dennis cintra leite (retired)
eaesp/fgv

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 5:35 PM, Humanist Discussion Group <