[Humanist] 24.530 job at Iowa

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Nov 29 10:50:23 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 07:58:45 +0000
        From: Charlotte Roueche <charlotte.roueche at KCL.AC.UK>
        Subject: Job at Iowa

[Forwarded from the Digital Classicist List <DIGITALCLASSICIST at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>. Note especially the lurking
to which my colleague Charlotte Roueché refers. As an old friend of mine
is fond of saying, I don't know whether this (not being out in the open)
is a good thing or a bad thing, but it is certainly a thing. --WM]

The Department of Classics and the Department of Religious Studies at
The University of Iowa invite applications for a joint-appointment,
tenure-track position at the assistant professor level in any aspect
of Religion in the Ancient Mediterranean (1st century c.e. to 9th c.
c.e.) with a demonstrated interest in Digital Humanities, to begin in
August 2011. Salary is dependent on candidate's experience and
credentials.

Details at http://jobs.uiowa.edu/faculty/view/58610

Interesting to see that Digital Humanities may lurk beneath a job
title that doesn't necessarily suggest them! Also interesting to note
the time-span to be covered.

Professor Charlotte Roueché
Department of Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies/Department of Classics
King's College
London WC2R 2LS
direct tel. + 44 20.7848 2515
fax             + 44 20.7848 2545