[Humanist] 24.522 job at McGill; scholarships in logic

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Nov 26 10:45:17 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Bertram Fronhöfer <Bertram.Fronhoefer at inf.tu-            (56)
                dresden.de>
        Subject: Master Course Computational Logic

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (46)
        Subject: Digital Humanities CRC Search

        Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 21:01:12 +0000
        From: Bertram Fronhöfer <Bertram.Fronhoefer at inf.tu-dresden.de>

Dear recipient of this mail,

I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that fresh Erasmus Mundus
scholarships are available for Non-European AND European students who
intend to enroll in our European Master's Program in Computational
Logic in the fall of 2011.

The deadline for application is 31 January, 2011.

More details are given below. In particular, I'd like to draw your
attention to the fact that we are able to provide grants to
EU-students for doing their project at the National ICT of Australia
(NICTA).

Please spread this information as wide as possible among friends and
colleagues, at your old universities and the places, where you
currently live and work.

Many thanks -- Bertram Fronhöfer

   The European Master's Program in Computational Logic

   We are glad to announce to you the possibility to join our European
   Master's Program of Computational Logic. This program is offered
   jointly at the Free-University of Bozen-Bolzano in Italy, the
   Technische Universität Dresden in Germany, the Universidade Nova de
   Lisboa in Portugal and the Technische Universität Wien in
   Austria. Within this program you have the choice to study at two
   /three of the four European universities. In addition you can do your
   project work at the National ICT of Australia (NICTA). You will
   graduate with a MSc in Computer Science and obtain a double/multiple
   degree. Information on the universities and the program including the
   application form are provided here:

   http://www.emcl-study.eu/home.html

   Language of instruction is English. Tuition fees are 3.000 EUR (for
   non-European students) and 1.000 (for European students) per year.

   In addition, we would like to draw your attention to the
   ERASMUS-MUNDUS scholarship program. The ERASMUS-MUNDUS consortium
   offers 2-year scholarships up to 48.000 EUR for non-EU students and up
   to 23.000 EUR for EU students of our European Master's Program in
   Computational Logic.

   More information on the application procedure is available from:

   http://www.emcl-study.eu/application.html

   Do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

   Kind regards -- Steffen Hölldobler

   Prof. Dr. Steffen Hoelldobler
   International Center for Computational Logic
   Technische Universität Dresden
   01062 Dresden, Germany

   phone: [+49](351)46 33 83 40
   fax: [+49](351)46 33 83 42