[Humanist] 24.30 DH2010: registration; student bursaries

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun May 16 16:00:26 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Harold Short <haroldshort at mac.com>                        (25)
        Subject: DH2010 registration reminder

  [2]   From:    Harold Short <haroldshort at mac.com>                        (14)
        Subject: DH2010 Student Assistant Bursaries

        Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 14:38:33 +0100
        From: Harold Short <haroldshort at mac.com>

DH 2010 Registration Reminder

This is a reminder that registration for the Digital Humanities Conference 2010 (DH2010) is open.  Please note that the deadline for Early Bird registration has been extended to 31 May 2010.  This is to allow for the delay in availability of the online credit card payment system, which is now expected to fully functional from early this coming week.

DH2010 will take place 7-10 July 2010 at King's College London.  Please visit the website at dh2010.cch.kcl.ac.uk for information about the conference.

There will be the usual full academic programme of papers, panels and posters, plus an extensive social programme involving receptions, performances, installations and the conference dinner, which will take place in the Great Hall at Lincoln's Inn, the oldest of London's four Inns of Court, with a continuous record dating back to 1422. A set of pre-conference workshops as well as a THATCamp have been arranged in the period Monday 5 - Wednesday 7 July, and three excursions are available on Sunday 11 July.  A reasonable but limited number of low-cost student apartments are available through the registration process.

To register you will need to go to the ConfTool website (you can follow a link on the DH2010 website), and log in with your username and password. If you do not already have a ConfTool account, you will be asked to create one.

Early registration runs to 31st May, and online registration will close altogether on 1st July.

Conference fees (in GBP) are: Early Member 210; Late Member 260; Early Non-member 300; Late Non-member 350; Student Member 60; Student Non-member 120.  A 'member' is a subscriber to the journal LLC, published by Oxford University Press. To qualify for 'member' prices, you will need to provide your subscriber number during the registration process. Note that the journal subscription price is GBP 64 p.a. or GBP 32 for students, so there is financial advantage for non-members to subscribe to the journal. (Subscriptions may also be paid in equivalent USD or Euro.)

The Conference Dinner at Lincoln's Inn on Saturday 10th July will cost GBP 55.  On Sunday 11th there are three excursion options: a full-day trip to Hampton Court including its 16th Century Palace, world-famous maze and gardens, and with its Flower Show (the world's largest, they say) as an additional option; the Tate-to-Tate Tour, which includes guided tours of Tate Britain and Tate Modern, with a boat trip along the Thames in between; and a guided tour of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre and Exhibition, with a full-day ticket to the Exhibition included.

The Digital Humanities Conferences are sponsored by the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organisations (ADHO), whose constituent associations are the Association for Computers and the Humanities (ACH), the Association for Literary and Linguistic Computing (ALLC) and the Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias interactifs (SDH-SEMI).

THE DH2010 conference is hosted by the Centre for Computing in the Humanities and the Centre for e-Research at King's College London.

You can stay updated about the conference by subscribing to the RSS feed on the website, or follow #dh2010 on Twitter.

Please address any questions by email to dh2010[at]kcl.ac.uk.