[Humanist] 24.16 on digitizing: microfilm; Greek ms

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed May 12 07:01:15 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Richard Klee <rklee2 at nd.edu>                              (11)
        Subject: a question regarding digitalization

  [2]   From:    jeremy hunsinger <jhuns at vt.edu>                           (10)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.10 scanning microfilm?

        Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 11:04:44 -0400
        From: Richard Klee <rklee2 at nd.edu>

Dear Digital Humanists,

I wonder if there might be someone with expertise in the following area: I
am working on a manuscript to be published by a professor with Oxford; the
manuscript is currently about 270 pages of typewritten Ancient Greek text,
all manually entered in the early 1970s.  We'd like to digitize this
manuscript so as to edit it. I've looked into OCR programs, and it appears
the general recommendations are FineReader or Anagnostis.  Are there other
resources to investigate, and would anyone endorse either of these mentioned
programs from personal experience?

Thank you for your consideration,

Rick Klee