[Humanist] 23.728 blog for digital humanists in New England

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Mar 26 09:54:33 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 00:03:17 -0400
        From: Shane Landrum <srl at brandeis.edu>
        Subject: New England digital humanities community/events blog

Humanist readers may be interested in the new blog I've established to
highlight digital humanities events, projects, and people in the US
Northeast.

http://dhnewengland.wordpress.com/

I'm inspired partially by http://dhsocal.blogspot.com/ , which is
trying to help DH people in Southern California find one another.

Given the scholarly resources that Boston and the wider New England
area have to offer, I've been surprised at how difficult it is to
locate individual people, departments, or research centers who do DH
work, or who are interested in DH but having trouble with steep
learning curves. I'd like to rectify that. (The internet is great, but
sometimes one wants to have coffee and brainstorm in person with
someone who understands the problem domain.)

If you have an event to announce, feel free to email me offlist. I'm
also interested in hearing from potential contributors (guest writers
or co-editors).

srl
---
Shane Landrum  <srl at brandeis.edu>   www.cliotropic.org
Ph.D. Candidate, American History, Brandeis University