[Humanist] 23.710 technological determinism

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Mar 21 16:24:03 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:32:21 -0400
        From: Oya Yildirim Rieger <oyr1 at cornell.edu>
        Subject: RE: [Humanist] 23.707 technological determinism

Hi All - My dissertation, which is almost finished, uses Kling's social informatics framework to explore how humanities scholars are using information and communication technologies in facilitating their work.  One of the underlying themes is assessing the role of technological determinism in defining the transformative role of technologies on scholars' research methods and collaboration styles.  I'll be glad to share the paper with anyone who is interested in looking at it.

Regards,

Oya

Oya Y. Rieger
Associate University Librarian for Information Technologies
Cornell University Library

Department of Communication- Human Computer Interaction, Ph.D. Candidate
Cornell University
http://www.library.cornell.edu/dlit/rieger