[Humanist] 23.697 events: Digital Humanities Summer Institute

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Mar 11 07:56:16 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 19:10:59 +0000
        From: "institut at uvic.ca" <institut at uvic.ca>
        Subject: DHSI 2010 March Update

Hello Everyone,

The DHSI is still three months away but we're already very busy here at
Institute Headquarters getting ready for June. A few announcements:

Registration
Courses filled up very quickly this year! There are still a few spots open
in "SEASR in Action: Data Analytics for Humanities Scholars" but act fast
if you are interested. We also have a few extra scholarships available for
SEASR. To apply, email institut at uvic.ca.

If you have received a scholarship but have not yet registered, please do
so as soon as possible. If you won't be able to use your scholarship this
year, please let us know and we'll pass it on to someone else.

Housing
To book on-campus accommodation for the 2010 DHSI, download the U Victoria
Housing reservation form (linked from
http://www.dhsi.org/home/accomodation). Submit your completed reservation
form to Housing by email: bookings at uvic.ca or fax: (250) 721-8930.

Events
This year's Graduate Student Lunch has been generously sponsored by the
Society for Digital Humanities/Société pour l'étude des médias
interactifs. To register for this free event, go to
http://www.dhsi.org/event/event_list. Current and recently graduated
students and post-docs only, please!

We hope to have news about our DHSI Banquet in the very near future.

ACH Bursaries
We are pleased to announce the winners of the DHSI 2010 ACH Travel
Bursary: Jeremy Boggs (George Mason); Mike Frangos (UCSB); Jessica
Jacobson-Konefall (U Winnipeg); Oscar Oliver Santos Sopena (U Maryland);
Tara Hargrave (U Waterloo); Natalie Milbrodt (CUNY, Queens); Matteo
Romanello (KCL); Jeremy Throne (UCSC). Congratulations to all the
recipients and thank you to ACH for their sponsorship.

On behalf of the entire DHSI team, let me say how much we are all looking
forward to seeing you in June. If you have any questions or concerns,
please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best,
Cara

--
Cara Leitch
Assistant Director, Digital Humanities Summer Institute
cmleitch at uvic.ca