[Humanist] 23.672 teaching the digital humanities

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Mar 3 07:29:08 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 00:22:55 +0800
        From: "Brett D. Hirsch" <brett.hirsch at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 23.669 Yale, the past and the future

Dear all,

Following on from what Wendell and Kathy have said, this might be an
opportune time to mention that Meagan Timney (Dalhousie/UVic) and
myself are in the process of putting together an edited collection on
_Teaching Digital Humanities: Principles, Practices, and Politics_.
We're presenting a poster on the collection at DH2010 and are hoping
for feedback about the project. We will also be sending out a general
call for papers on Humanist and the UPenn list within the next
fortnight.

Moreover, there are other pedagogically-oriented publications in the
wings worth trumpeting here -- David Gants's introductory textbook for
Wiley-Blackwell, and a methodological primer co-edited by Kenneth
Price and Ray Siemens for the MLA.

Best wishes,
Brett

--
Dr. Brett D. Hirsch
University of Western Australia

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 2:05 PM, Humanist Discussion Group