[Humanist] 24.146 Wolfram on Turing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jun 24 07:17:23 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 07:58:36 +0100 (BST)
        From: S Barry Cooper <pmt6sbc at maths.leeds.ac.uk>
        Subject: Happy Birthday, Alan Turing - Stephen Wolfram's Turing blogpost

[forwarded from the ATY list --WM]

Hector Zenil from Wolfram Research writes:
As you may know, today would have been Alan Turing's 98th birthday, if he had
not died in 1954, at the age of 41. Stephen Wolfram has written this blog post
in celebration of this date. The Web version is available here:

http://blog.wolframalpha.com/2010/06/23/happy-birthday-alan-turing/

With just two years to go to the centenary, we hope to send a short weekly
update to ATY list members. Please keep the news on preparations coming in
- unless you tell us otherwise, we will assume that information can be
shared with the whole ATY list (around 1,300 members currently).

Particularly important is to build the Turing Centenary web presence in
the coming 2 years. As interesting and informative webpages are
constructed, please send the url's for using by us all for links.

All best wishes, on Alan Turing's 98th birthday!

  ALAN TURING YEAR                           http://www.turingcentenary.eu
  Email:                                               pmt6sbc at leeds.ac.uk
  Facebook:       www.facebook.com/pages/The-Alan-Turing-Year/199853901070
  and    http://en-gb.facebook.com/people/Alan-Turing-Year/100000473465821