[Humanist] 24.135 events: DH and CS; markup; lunch at DH2010

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Jun 22 07:36:40 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Dot Porter <dot.porter at gmail.com>                         (34)
        Subject: lunch at DH2010 (London, Wednesday July 7)

  [2]   From:    Martin Mueller <martinmueller at northwestern.edu>           (14)
        Subject: Chicago Colloquium on Digital Humanities and Computer
                Science,November 21-22 2010

  [3]   From:    B Tommie Usdin <btusdin at mulberrytech.com>                 (25)
        Subject: Latebreaking Sessions added to Balisage Schedule

        Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 08:55:53 -0400
        From: Dot Porter <dot.porter at gmail.com>

[redistributed from the Digital Medievalist list --WM]

Dear colleagues,

Many of you are aware of the Digital Humanities 2010 conference (to be held
in London July 7-10), I hope some of you will be there as well. If you're
curious, here is the website: http://dh2010.cch.kcl.ac.uk/

We'd like to give folks an opportunity to meet informally during the
conference, so I'm working with Peter Stokes (who won't be able to attend
the conference, but who lives in London) to organize a lunch on one of the
days of the conference. It looks like Wednesday will be the best day to
meet; although it's technically registration day (no sessions until the
evening keynote and reception following), the other days have association
AGMs during lunch, and we want to encourage people to attend those if they
can.

So... If you are going to be at DH2010, and/or if you live in London, and if
you would like to meet informally with [Digital Medievalists], and if you
will be available at lunchtime on Wednesday July 7 (or, if you would like to
petition that we aim for another day), please send me a message at
dot.porter at gmail.com to let me know. Peter is looking at local venues, but
it would help if we could have a rough estimate of how many people we might
expect.

Thanks! Hope to see some of you in London soon.

Dot

Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)
Digital Medievalist, Digital Librarian
Email: dot.porter at gmail.com