[Humanist] 24.126 measuring up

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Jun 19 08:55:17 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:48:27 -0700
        From: Jascha Kessler <urim1 at verizon.net>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.121 measuring up?

*** Attachments:
    http://www.digitalhumanities.org/humanist/Attachments/1276800514_2010-06-17_humanist-owner@lists.digitalhumanities.org_18416.2.octet-stream

Dear Willard,

I have always digressed when the opportunity arose while lecturing to remark
to my audience of Homo sapiens — classroom, seminar, public — that *Homo
Faber*, an casual evolutionary category, is distinguished by first, clothing
itself, and second of course tools after fire managemen. Homo
prosthesiensis, since we arrive incapable of survival at birth and for the
first year and more, say three? We would not be had we not even the most
elementary of prostheses.  Whether to replace or augment, as in trepanning
amongst Neanderthals?
Speaking of Neandethals, the FT recently published a letter of mine that may
be entertaining.  I attach it to this email.
Jascha Kessler

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:47 AM, Humanist Discussion Group <

--
Jascha Kessler
Telephone/Facsimile: 310.393.4648