[Humanist] 24.124 new online: Jane Austen; more Brazilian

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jun 17 10:51:42 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    alckmar at cce.ufsc.br                                       (55)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.120 digitizing Brazilian culture

  [2]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (14)
        Subject: Jane Austen online

        Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 08:14:09 -0300
        From: alckmar at cce.ufsc.br

We could also mention our project on digitalizing Brazilian literature
(at www.literaturabrasileira.ufsc.br), which makes available both
digitalized texts (739 titles, in HTML format, up to this moment) and
metadata of literary works (more than 63,000) or authors (more than
16,000), not to mention some e-learning tools we are developing, as a
semantical annotations mechanism in HTML texts.

Alckmar Luiz dos Santos
Literature, Linguistics and Computing Research Group
Federal University of Santa Catarina - Brazil