[Humanist] 23.609 invitation to say how you use digital resources

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jan 29 07:34:20 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 18:38:35 +0000
        From: Karen Taylor <katay164 at interchange.ubc.ca>
        Subject: Invitation to Participate in a Digital Humanities Study

Dear Colleague,

Implementing New Knowledge Environments (INKE) is a large-scale collaborative research project in the digital humanities directed by Dr. Ray Siemens, Department of English, University of Victoria, and funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC). Our research team is examining the complex processes of human engagement with information that is available digitally. Specifically, we are interested in identifying and understanding the ways in which social sciences and humanities readers engage with forms such as the electronic scholarly edition, the academic monograph, scholarly journal and essay collections, and electronic literature.

With this letter, we are inviting you to complete a short survey about how you experience and use digital resources in the context of your research. The findings of this survey will be used to improve existing digital tools and to derive requirements for prospective tools and resources that we hope will be of benefit to you and other researchers.

The questionnaire should take approximately twenty minutes to complete. If you are willing to participate, you will find it online at <http://infopoll.net/live/surveys/s34325.htm>. Your answers to this questionnaire will be kept strictly confidential.

In consideration of your time you may enter a draw for a $150.00 gift certificate from an online bookstore upon completion of the questionnaire.

We look forward to the prospect of your participation in this study. Please feel free to contact the INKE Graduate Research Assistant, Karen Taylor, at any time if you have questions about this research: 604-737-2873 (British Columbia, Canada) or <katay164 at interchange.ubc.ca<mailto:katay164 at interchange.ubc.ca>>.

Best regards,

Dr. Teresa Dobson for the INKE Team
Associate Professor
Director, Digital Literacy Centre