[Humanist] 23.605 CATMA 2.01 released

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Jan 28 06:31:47 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:58:19 +0100
        From: Jan Christoph Meister <jan-c-meister at uni-hamburg.de>
        Subject: CATMA 2.01 - fully JAVA based version released

*** Attachments:
    http://www.digitalhumanities.org/humanist/Attachments/1264597105_2010-01-27_humanist-owner@lists.digitalhumanities.org_6101.2.txt

13:48
27.01.2010

In June 2009 we released CATMA (Computer Aided Textual Markup and Analysis) version 1.0 which was also presented to interested parties at the DH 2009. Inspired by the well known program ?Usebase? (from the TACT suite, a DOS based tool set developed at Toronto University) CATMA provides a variety of functions by way of a seamless integration of a Tagger and an Analyzer component. CATMA places a strong emphasis on usability and is designed for users with little experience in digital text analysis.

It took a bit longer than we had hoped, but - our next release, the fully JAVA based version CATMA 2.01 and further information is now available for download at

http://www.slm.uni-hamburg.de/catma/

*******************************

Jan Christoph Meister
Professor für Neuere deutsche Literatur
(Literaturtheorie, Textanalyse, Computerphilologie)
Universität Hamburg
Department SLM I - Institut für Germanistik II
Von-Melle-Park 6
D-20146 Hamburg

Mail:     jan-c-meister at uni-hamburg.de
Office:   +49 - 40 - 42838 2972