[Humanist] 23.548 watch Kevin Franklin!

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Jan 8 07:29:49 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:59:40 +0000
        From: I-CHASS <chass at ncsa.uiuc.edu>
        Subject: HPCwire names Kevin Franklin one to watch in 2010

Kevin Franklin, executive director of the Institute for Computing in Humanities, Arts and Social Science <www.chass.illinois.edu/Index/Index.html> (I-CHASS), has been named one of the 12 top people to watch in 2010 by HPCwire. The list recognizes individuals who contribute to the advancement of high-performance computing technology and the use of HPC.

HPCwire calls Franklin "that rare individual who can straddle the divide between technology and the human condition" and credits his efforts to "bridge the chasm between the technologist and the humanist." Read more at HPCwire's website<http://tinyurl.com/People-to-watch>.

* * *

Founded in 2004 at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, I-CHASS charts new ground in high-performance computing and the humanities, arts, and social sciences by creating both learning environments and spaces for digital discovery. I-CHASS presents path-breaking research, computational resources, collaborative tools, and educational programming to showcase the future of the humanities, arts, and social sciences.

For more information on I-CHASS, please visit: http://www.ichass.illinois.edu