[Humanist] 23.666 events: conferences & a summer school

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Feb 28 09:43:38 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    Dot Porter <dot.porter at gmail.com>                         (56)
        Subject: Registration now open for DHO Summer School

  [2]   From:    Humanities <humanities at esf.org>                           (36)
        Subject: European Science Foundation 2010 Calls

  [3]   From:    Shuly Wintner <shuly at cs.haifa.ac.il>                     (236)
        Subject: CFP (Extended) NAACL-HLT 2010 Workshop on Statistical
                Parsing ofMorphologically Rich Languages (SPMRL 2010)

  [4]   From:    "Dr. Indira Guzman" <iguzman at tuiu.edu>                    (37)
        Subject: Call for papers and reviewers for the "IT Culture" minitrack

  [5]   From:    James Cronin <jgrcronin at gmail.com>                        (76)
        Subject: Sensual Technologies: Collaborative Practices of
                Interdisciplinarity

  [6]   From:    Humanities <humanities at esf.org>                           (33)
        Subject: The Making of the Humanities Conference

  [7]   From:    Richard Cunningham <ircunning at gmail.com>                  (36)
        Subject: SDH/SEMI annual conference / conférence annuelle

  [8]   From:    HSofia Pinto <sofia at ontol.inesc-id.pt>                    (56)
        Subject: EKAW: Final Call for Papers

        Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 08:00:08 -0500
        From: Dot Porter <dot.porter at gmail.com>

2010 DHO Summer School - Registration Now Open

www.dho.ie/ss2010

The DHO is pleased to announce that registration for the 2010 DHO
Summer School, in conjunction with NINEs and the EpiDoc Collaborative,
is now open.

The Summer School welcomes registrants from the various fields of the
humanities, information studies, and computer science. Workshops and
lectures cover subjects as diverse as text encoding, virtual worlds,
and geospatial methods for the humanities. These are facilitated by
leading experts, with plenty of time during evening activities for
informal interaction.

This year, in addition to four-day workshop strands, the DHO is also
offering mid-week, one-day workshops. For those unable to attend the
entire Summer School, it is possible to register separately for these
mid-week workshops and lectures.

As in previous years, the Summer School brings together Irish and
International scholars undertaking digital projects in diverse areas
to explore issues and trends of common interest. The programme will
offer attendees opportunities to develop their skills, share insights,
and discover new opportunities for collaboration and research.
Activities focus on the theoretical, technical, administrative, and
institutional issues relevant to the needs of digital humanities
projects today.

The pricing for the full Summer School, as well as one-day workshops
and lectures, is available on the registration page:
http://dho.ie/ss2010/registration

A number of subsidised places are available for attendees at HSIS
institutions. For more information about these places, please contact
the DHO Consultative Committee representative at your institution.
Names of representatives can be found at: http://dho.ie/committee

Full details of the workshop strands, lectures and guest speakers can
be found on the Summer School website at: www.dho.ie/ss2010

We look forward to seeing you in Dublin.

--
Emily Cullen, Ph.D.,
Programme Co-ordinator

Tel: +353(0)1-2342442
Fax:+353(0)1-2342400
E-mail: e.cullen at ria.ie
http://dho.ie
--

-- A Project of the Royal Irish Academy --

--
Dot Porter (MA, MSLS)          Metadata Manager (on leave)
Pembroke Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
-- A Project of the Royal Irish Academy --
Phone: +353 1 234 2444        Fax: +353 1 234 2400
http://dho.ie          Email: dot.porter at gmail.com