[Humanist] 23.654 job at Brown

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Wed Feb 24 09:53:01 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 10:41:24 -0500
        From: Andrew Ashton <Andrew_Ashton at brown.edu>
        Subject: Freelance programmer job - the Center for Digital Scholarship, BrownUniversity

The Center for Digital Scholarship at the Brown University Library is
looking for a part-time, freelance programmer/software developer to help out
on a grant-funded project.  Ideally, we are looking for someone with an
interest in text-analysis and/or TEI.  This project requires experience with
Java or Python, as well as a familiarity with XML and related tools.
Knowledge of TEI, RDF programming, SPARQL, and web services development
would be great.  We are open to working remotely with a well-qualified
individual.  This is an hourly job without benefits.

If you know of anyone who could use some extra work and fits this
description, please pass this along.  Feel free to email me at
Andrew_Ashton at brown.edu with any questions.