[Humanist] 23.626 survey request: digital resources

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Feb 9 06:59:17 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 16:33:34 -0500
        From: Julia Flanders <Julia_flanders at brown.edu>
        Subject: Invitation to Participate in a Digital Humanities Study

Posted on behalf of the INKE team: this research project and
associated survey may be of interest to the Humanist and Centernet
communities (with apologies for cross-posting).

**************************************

Dear Colleague,

Implementing New Knowledge Environments (INKE) is a large-scale
collaborative research project in the digital humanities directed by
Dr. Ray Siemens, Department of English, University of Victoria, and
funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of
Canada (SSHRC). Our research team is examining the complex processes
of human engagement with information that is available digitally.
Specifically, we are interested in identifying and understanding the
ways in which social sciences and humanities readers engage with forms
such as the electronic scholarly edition, the academic monograph,
scholarly journal and essay collections, and electronic literature.

With this letter, we are inviting you to complete a short survey about
how you experience and use digital resources in the context of your
research. The findings of this survey will be used to improve existing
digital tools and to derive requirements for prospective tools and
resources that we hope will be of benefit to you and other researchers.

The questionnaire should take approximately twenty minutes to
complete. If you are willing to participate, you will find it online
at  http://infopoll.net/live/surveys/s34325.htm . Your identity will
be kept confidential.  All documents and participants will be
identified only by code number. Digital data records will be kept on
password-protected hard drives and on disks stored in locked filing
cabinets. Only the principal investigator and the co-investigators
will have access to the data. If you have any concerns about your
treatment or rights as a research participant, you may contact the
Research Subject Information Line in the UBC Office of Research
Services at 604-822-8598. Your participation in this study is entirely
voluntary and you may refuse to participate or withdraw from the study
at any time. Your completion and submission of the survey will
indicate your consent to participate.

In consideration of your time, you may enter a draw for a $150.00 gift
certificate from an online bookstore upon completion of the
questionnaire.

We look forward to the prospect of your participation in this study.
Please feel free to contact the INKE Graduate Research Assistant,
Karen Taylor, at any time if you have questions about this research:
604-737-2873 (British Columbia, Canada) or
<katay164 at interchange.ubc.ca>.

Best regards,

Dr. Teresa Dobson for the INKE Team
Associate Professor