[Humanist] 24.601 new on WWW: Social Networks & Archival Context

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Dec 18 11:43:57 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:54:45 +0000
        From: Daniel Pitti <dpitti at virginia.edu>
        Subject: Public release of IATH's Social Networks and Archival Context Project

I hope some of you will be interested in the early research and
development results of the Social Networks and Archival Context
project. See announcement below for relevant links.

To get a very good sense of the direction and potential, I recommend
that you try the following searches:

Whitman, Walt

Oppenheimer, J. Robert

Bush, Vannevar, 1890-1974.

Bernstein, Leonard.

And just feel free to play around!

Regards,
Daniel

-------
Announcement:

The Social Networks and Archival Context (SNAC) Project is pleased to
announce the initial public release of the DRAFT prototype historical
resource and access system based on EAC-CPF. While SNAC research and
development will continue until May 2012, we would like to make our
early results available to the cultural heritage professional
communities in order to solicit feedback on both the design of the
public interface and the processing of the data.

SNAC is funded in part by a grant from the National Endowment for the
Humanities.

Direct access to the prototype system and a detailed description of
project work to date may be found at http://socialarchive.iath.virginia.edu/prototype.html

Additional information about the SNAC Project may be found at http://socialarchive.iath.virginia.edu/

Please feel free to share this information with colleagues who may be
interested.

Daniel Pitti
SNAC Project Director
Institute for Advanced Technology in the Humanities
University of Virginia