[Humanist] 24.578 a blog carnival

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Dec 11 10:29:43 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 11:05:11 -0800
        From: Phillip Barron <ptbarron at ucdavis.edu>
        Subject: new digital humanities blog carnival

In January, I'm starting a new blog carnival dedicated to bringing attention
to the digital humanities.

See the full post here for more information - http://bit.ly/hbw2yT

If anyone is interested in hosting, please get in touch with me. The
earliest availability is currently June 2011. As you may know, serving as a
blog carnival host simply means that you are willing to accept submissions
(which will be handled through the Blog Carnival website
(http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_12128.html) and arrive to you via email),
and compile together on your blog the links to the posts you choose to
include. You are also welcome to comment on any, all, or none of the
submitted posts. For a recent example of a blog carnival, you can look at
the The Chronicle's blog ProfHacker hosting the Teaching Carnival -
http://chronicle.com/blogs/profhacker/teaching-carnival-4-3/28298

The Carnivals will be hosted on Mondays, roughly in the middle of the
month.

If you are a blogger, and you would like to submit something for inclusion
in the January episode, visit http://blogcarnival.com/bc/cprof_12128.html

For ideas, consider submitting a blog post in one of the following four
categories.

projects: highlight, critique, or announce news about a new orongoing digital humanities project

criticism:  critical pieces about or general reflections on the
digital humanities generally

calls for support: invite others to help with a new or ongoing
project

funding opportunities: announce or share news about funding
opportunities for digital humanities projects

or if you have something to say about the digital humanities that does not fall into any of these categories, feel free to create your own.

I am offering to host the first two at my website -- in January and February
2011 -- to get the Carnival started. The Center for Digital Humanities (USC,
Columbia), Digital Media Center (Rice), and HASTAC have each agreed to host
subsequent episodes. I can continue to host the carnival if necessary, but
my hope is that many of the other wonderful bloggers out there with interest
in the digital humanities will step up and offer to host at least one. I see
no reason why the Digital Humanities Carnival can not be hosted by a
different blog each month, once we are up and running.

Again, see the full post here - http://bit.ly/hbw2yT - and email me if you
are interested in hosting or have any other questions.

Thanks,

phillip--
Phillip Barron
Digital History Developer