[Humanist] 24.573 jobs at UVic

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Fri Dec 10 09:13:10 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 12:41:38 -0800
        From: Cara Leitch <cmleitch at gmail.com>
        Subject: Upcoming opportunities at the Electronic Textual Cultures Lab

[With apologies for cross-posting. Please distribute to anyone you
think might be interested.]

The Electronic Textual Cultures Lab at the University of Victoria is
about to grow again! In the coming months, we will be actively seeking
talented and energetic digital humanists as postdoctoral fellows and
research associates/assistants, and to fill alternative academic
roles. These opportunities are associated with professional reading
and online library research, electronic scholarly editing, textual
corpus management and analysis, prototype development, project
administration and coordination. We are looking for engaged
researchers interested in working on the lab’s ongoing and new work,
including the Digital Humanities Summer Institute (http://dhsi.org/)
and the Implementing New Knowledge Environments project
(http://bit.ly/idaqrJ).

Please let people know, and do check our website at
http://etcl.uvic.ca/ for details and position descriptions as they
arise.

If you’d like to talk before then, please send [1] a copy of your CV
and [2] a cover letter indicating your interest in working with the
other digital humanists in the ETCL in the areas we’ve outlined, to
Ray Siemens (siemens at uvic.ca).  Members of ETCL will be at a number of
gatherings over the next 6 weeks, including the MLA in Los Angeles,
and we’d be really happy to talk with you.  Feel free also to check in
with us on Twitter, at #etcl.

All best,

Ray Siemens, Melanie Chernyk, Cara Leitch, Julie Meloni, Jenn Ross,
Meagan Timney, and others at the ETCL.

--
Cara Leitch
Assistant Director, Digital Humanities Summer Institute
cmleitch at uvic.ca