[Humanist] 24.552 difficult images?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Dec 5 12:06:32 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 10:08:32 +0000
        From: Simon Mahony <simon.mahony at KCL.AC.UK>
        Subject: Difficult images needed

All,
One of our affiliated research students here at the UCL Centre for
Digital Humanities, shared with the Department of Medical Physics and
Bioengineering, needs some images to test his processing methods. I copy
his request below. If you have any such material it would be greatly
appreciated. Please contact me off-list and I'll put you in touch:
s.mahony at ucl.ac.uk
Regards
Simon

"My project involves applying image processing methods to multi-spectral
images in order to enhance or reveal difficult-to-read text.

The type of images that I need are the full-spectrum of unmodified,
multi-spectral images of manuscripts or documents. The methods that I
use will try to enhance text from this manuscripts. Ideally the images
should be from palimpsestic text, where at least one of the text is very
difficult to see or image with visible light captures."

Alejandro Giacometti alejandro.giacometti.09 at ucl.ac.uk
Dept. of Medical Physics & Bioengineering
Dept. of Information Studies

--
Simon Mahony
Teaching Fellow