[Humanist] 24.537 events: NZ Reading Experience Database

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Dec 2 09:56:33 CET 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 14:59:30 +1300
        From: Sydney Shep <Sydney.Shep at vuw.ac.nz>
        Subject: eResearch in the Humanities / Reading in WWI

Greetings:

You are cordially invited to attend some or all of a two-day workshop 2-3 December 2010 (NZ time). Our broad theme is eResearch in the Humanities, but our focus will be on Reading in WWI and the launch of the NZ-RED - the NZ Reading Experience Database - in collaboration with our UK partners. Sponsors include KAREN, REAANZ, and Victoria University of Wellington.

For those who cannot attend in person, we are running a virtual conference option through the KAREN network bridge and recording the keynote addresses. Please check our website to find out more about the NZ-RED project http://www.victoria.ac.nz/wtapress/nz-red/default.aspx and details about the workshop, including provisional programme and how to connect to our KAREN-enabled web-conferencing: http://www.victoria.ac.nz/wtapress/nz-red/workshop.aspx

Dr. Bethany Nowviskie, Director of Digital Research & Scholarship at the University of Virginia Library and Associate Director of the Scholarly Communication Institute is joining us to open and close the event. In between we'll have talks from the UK-RED team who will be on site, from various VUW scholars and post-graduate students researching topics in WWI, and roundtable opportunities to discuss issues in eResearch, particularly community and schools involvement. Professor Jonathan Vance, Canada Research Chair in Conflict and Culture will be joining us via video-link from Canada. Humboldt Fellow, Associate Professor Robert L. Nelson from the University of Windsor will deliver a keynote address on German Soldier Newspapers in WWI. Through the KAREN network bridge we hope to have a number of scholars tuning in and participating from all around the world.

Please consider joining us.

Cheers for now
Sydney

Dr Sydney J Shep
Senior Lecturer in Print & Book Culture : : The Printer
Wai-te-ata Press : : Te Whare Ta O Wai-te-ata
Victoria University of Wellington
PO Box 600, Wellington, NEW ZEALAND
Email:   sydney.shep at vuw.ac.nz
Phone: +64-4-463-5784  fax: +64-4-463-5446
internet: http://www.victoria.ac.nz/wtapress/
The Print History Project: http://www.nzetc.org/projects/php/
Editor, SHARP News http://www.sharpweb.org http://www.sharpweb.org/
Associate Editor, Dictionary of Nineteenth Century Journalism http://www.dncj.ugent.be/