[Humanist] 24.297 designing an academic DH department

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Aug 30 23:24:44 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:25:08 +0200
        From: Julianne Nyhan <julianne.nyhan at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.288 designing an academic DH department

Dear Willard,

In addition to the ideas already put forward, I think that such a department
should also have a Chair in the 'Public Communication of Science (i.e.
Wissenschaft) and Technology'. Ideally, the post holder would discuss and
explain DH research to the general public and to other members of the
Academy with different disciplinary backgrounds. Such a post would be
relevant to my dream DH department because, inter alia, it could make a real
contribution to helping us imagine and explore new kinds of projects and
partnerships, both within and outside the Academy. It is also important in
the context of the difficulties Humanities is facing in many parts of the
world.

All the best,
Julianne

--
Dr Julianne Nyhan,
Kompetenzzentrum für elektronische Erschließungs- und Publikationsverfahren

+ 49 (0)651 201-3358
http://germazope.uni-trier.de/Projects/KoZe2/
http://epu.ucc.ie/theses/jnyhan/
http://maney.co.uk/index.php/journals/isr/