[Humanist] 24.296 tainted app

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Aug 30 23:23:44 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    James Rovira <jamesrovira at gmail.com>                      (45)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.294 tainted app

  [2]   From:    Stefan Werner <stefan.werner at uef.fi>                      (11)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.293 new app: FryPaper

  [3]   From:    Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>          (29)
        Subject: sticky sins?

  [4]   From:    Jan Christoph Meister <jan-c-meister at uni-hamburg.de>      (95)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.294 tainted app - Symbolism of the shiny
                apple

  [5]   From:    Vivian Tsang <vtsang at hollandbloorview.ca>                 (21)
        Subject: Fwd: [Humanist] 24.294 tainted app

        Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 16:27:52 -0400
        From: James Rovira <jamesrovira at gmail.com>

Oh please.  Unless you sew your own clothing, walk to work, and grow
your own food no one can make this argument.

Jim R

--
Dr. James Rovira
Program Chair of Humanities
roviraj at tiffin.edu
http://www.continuumbooks.com

        Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 23:32:04 +0300
        From: Stefan Werner <stefan.werner at uef.fi>

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Humanist Discussion Group
> Here is a moment in the development in our besetting technology
> to be treasured. It's free -- and also available on www.stephenfry.com.

Since you mention Stephen Fry and moments to be treasured please also
have a look at his 2008 birthday speech in favor of free (not as in
beer, but as in speech) software at http://www.gnu.org/fry/ or
http://www.stephenfry.com/2008/09/01/happy-birthday-to-gnu/

Best regards,
Stefan Werner