[Humanist] 24.281 designing an academic DH department?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Tue Aug 24 23:21:41 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 11:45:54 +1000
From: Willard McCarty <willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk>
Subject: designing an academic DH department?

A speculative question: ideally, in the best of possible worlds, what sort
of human and non-human resources would make for a healthy digital humanities
academic department meant to serve the research interests of one to two
dozen productive scholars at any one time? What sort of people at what level
and kind of appointment (professorial and otherwise), what equipment (hard
and soft), what other facilities? Broad-brushingly but realistically? What
are we now collectively dreaming of that we could actually have if we had
the will and the money?