[Humanist] 24.272 e-book referencing

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sun Aug 22 21:55:37 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 18:04:33 -0400
        From: James Rovira <jamesrovira at gmail.com>
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 24.269 e-book referencing and reading

Claire --

Thanks for your reply. So far as I can tell from my own use and others' replies, though, electronic versions of books do have page numbers; page numbers are certainly fixed in .pdf files.  But, I'd forgotten that the MLA also recommends citing paragraph numbers for some electronic sources, which may be a useful practice in your situation.

Jim R