[Humanist] 24.240 events: Material Mediates Meaning

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Aug 5 00:26:45 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 17:40:43 +0100
        From: Gabriel Bodard <gabriel.bodard at KCL.AC.UK>
        Subject: Exploring the artefactuality of writing utilising qualitative data analysis software (Seminar)

Digital Classicist & Institute of Classical Studies Seminar 2010

Friday August 6th at 16:30
STB9 (Stewart House), Senate House, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HU

Kathryn Piquette (University College London)
Material Mediates Meaning: Exploring the artefactuality of writing
utilising qualitative data analysis software

ALL WELCOME

In this seminar I discuss an artefact-based approach to the study of
early script using the qualitative data analysis software, ATLAS.ti.
Drawing on a case study of inscribed funerary objects from the Lower
Nile Valley dating to the period of Egyptian ‘state’ emergence
(c.3200-2750 BCE), I consider the relationships between physical
expression and meaning.

The seminar will be followed by wine and refreshments.

For more information please contact Gabriel.Bodard at kcl.ac.uk,
Stuart.Dunn at kcl.ac.uk, Juan.Garces at bl.uk, S.Mahony at ucl.ac.uk or
M.Terras at ucl.ac.uk, or see the seminar website at
http://www.digitalclassicist.org/wip/wip2010.html

--
Dr Gabriel BODARD
(Epigrapher, Digital Classicist, Pirate)

Centre for Computing in the Humanities
King's College London
26-29 Drury Lane
London WC2B 5RL