[Humanist] 23.780 scanning Greek text?

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Thu Apr 29 07:33:18 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:27:11 +0100
        From: Richard Klee <rklee2 at nd.edu>
        Subject: Greek scanning

[I would appreciate your help in answering the following query on the scanning of ancient Greek text. Please copy all replies directly to Mr Klee. --WM]

Dear Prof. McCarty,

 I hope you are well.  My name is Ricky Klee and I work for a professor at Notre Dame who will publish a book on Leontius of Byzantium with Oxford.  The Patristics editor there, Tom Perridge, said I should ask you about a problem we've encountered.  We have about 270 pages of typewritten and critically edited Greek text that we'd like to scan and digitally edit.  I've found resources for doing so with English text and other modern languages but not Greek.  Do you happen to know a good way to accomplish this?

Thank you very much for your consideration,
Ricky