[Humanist] 23.776 inadequacies of markup

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Mon Apr 26 07:10:16 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

  [1]   From:    James Rovira <jamesrovira at gmail.com>                      (17)
        Subject: Re: [Humanist] 23.775 noticing the inadequacies

  [2]   From:    "John A. Walsh" <jawalsh at indiana.edu>                     (29)
        Subject: Reaction to the inadequacy of embedded markup

        Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 08:54:17 -0400
        From: James Rovira <jamesrovira at gmail.com>

These juxtaposition and standards and experiment are as old as that
between the Dionysian and the Apollonian, and I'm referring to
Nietzsche's referent, not his discussion of it.  It is possible to
have standards and be experimental at the same time.  Too often
"experimental" is just another word for "sloppy, careless, and
thoughtless."  Any truly experimental work worth reading conforms to
its own standards and, by doing so, sets new ones.

Jim

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Humanist Discussion Group