[Humanist] 23.774 Launch event at UCL: correction

Humanist Discussion Group willard.mccarty at mccarty.org.uk
Sat Apr 24 12:14:13 CEST 2010

                Submit to: humanist at lists.digitalhumanities.org

        Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 11:07:52 +0100
        From: Claire Warwick <c.warwick at ucl.ac.uk>
        Subject: Launch of the UCL Centre for Digital Humanities: Correction

Dear Humanists,

It's great to know that the forthcoming launch of the UCL Centre for
Digital Humanities has generated such welcome publicity, including being
posted on Humanist. I'm sorry that we did not make clear to Willard when
we sent his own invitation is that this event is by personal invitation
only.

We have a very high profile speaker and a very small lecture theatre, so
have had to construct our guest list carefully and make some hard
choices about who we can include. So if you have not received a personal
invitation to the launch I am sorry that we will not be able to accept
any registration that you may have made via eventbrite for the main
lecture hall. However, we will be streaming live into a larger lecture
theatre and on the web, so once we are clearer about what our total
numbers are, we may be able to fit other people into the streaming venue
or you can join us in virtual space (we will also be tweeting, as you
might expect)

If you have registered to attend as a result of seeing the invitation on
Humanist, we will email you personally about this on Monday. But if you
have not received a personal invitation, I regret that we will not be
able to accept any new registrations. Please contact me directly instead
if you'd like your name to be added to the waiting list.

Best wishes, and sorry for any confusion,

Claire

--
Claire Warwick MA, MPhil, PhD
Reader in Digital Humanities